Review of 2009 preserves
A large household in the basement forced me to make an inventory of my preserved.
Doing?
1 - Most used:
Canned "neutral" whole tomatoes, diced tomatoes, beans and applesauce are the ones I'm always happy to have in reserve. I have not bought canned tomatoes since September (my post-fasting tomato garden has also helped!). And beans, it's always nice to serve when there is a lack of vegetables on the plate.
2 - The best "cooked" to re-
Canned with a "recipe" is still more tedious to do. Those that I would do immediately:
- beets: they are the ones I made first. They allowed me to practice and are really good.
- salsa: it has lost some of its piquancy (a chance) after all this time. Made with plum tomatoes, it would have been perfect! Definitely do it again.
- spaghetti sauce: it can be done year round in an autoclave. I'm always glad to have when I really did not feel like cooking. To repeat in great quantity before the baby arrives.
- yellow plum jam
3 - again in small quantities
The spread is delicious choco-banana, but I do not eat. As can be done year round (Bananas and chocolate are not really seasonal produce!), To go before Christmas or special occasion, to offer.
4 - Do not re ... or do better! The frightful
cherry jam. I had redone heat because I thought she was too thin ... yuck.
Next year, I prefer the more neutral preserved. We cook on second. I would also like to display my more production for less than my tan. My maternity leave would help me: o)
0 comments:
Post a Comment